- Individuals sharing information through LD Experience do so of their own volition, and are not coerced or co-opted in any way to provide information.
- LD Experience is governed by provincial and federal legislation in Canada regarding the protection of privacy, access to and use of information. Its policies are designed to meet and exceed compliance with current legislation.
- Submissions to LD Experience are monitored and reviewed before they are posted online. The purpose of this monitoring process is to: 1) Guard against the unintentional identification of individuals, and 2) Ensure all submissions comply with content standards. Material which LD Experience believes may be construed as racist, profane or vulgar will not be posted on the site.
- There may be select circumstances where the name of an individual is identified. However, in these circumstances, 1) The name of the individuals noted will be in the public domain; and/or 2) The name of the person will be used with their express permission.
- LD Experience reserves the right to modify submissions to change names and circumstances to safeguard against the unintended identification of an individual.
- From time to time, individuals making comments on any part of LD Experience website may elect to use their own name, and in so doing, self-identify themselves as generating a comment. This practice will be supported.
- When sharing information through the LD Experience site, individuals agree to the use of the information they submitted in any of the following ways: 1) Public posting on the world wide web for access by all individuals who visit the LD Experience website; 2) Summary and/or use of the information by LD Experience, its parent company Burke & Associates Inc, and owners of Burke & Associates Inc. for inclusion in presentations, books, articles, journals, interviews, online or written monographs, and other modes of publication.
- LD Experience is owned and operated by Burke & Associates Inc.